Lookup Inmates in Sevier County, Tennessee. Results May Include: Arrest Records, Mugshot, IDN#, Case #, Document Type, Booked/Served, Charges, Court Date, Case, Division, Court Event, Court Role, DOB, Address, Race.
Sevier County Tennessee Sheriff Overview
Sevier County is located in East Tennessee. Founded in 1794, it was named in honor of John Sevier who was the first governor of Tennessee. The county seat is Sevierville. The zip codes in Sevier County are 37876, 37722, 37738, 37863, 37862, 37864, and 37868.
Ronald “Hoss” Seals serves as Sheriff of Sevier County. Michael Hodges, Jr. is the Chief Deputy of Law Enforcement Services. He oversees the following divisions of the Sheriff’s Office: Animal Control, Bomb Squad, Communications, Court Security, Criminal Investigations, Dive Team, Domestic Violence, GIS Mapping Unit, K-9, Litter Unit, Patrol, Records, Reserves, School Resource, Special Operations Response Team, Street Crimes, Training, and Video Forensics Divisions. Larry McMahan is the Chief Deputy of Jail Operations. He oversees the Sevier County Jail and the Sevier County Minimum Security Facility as well as a staff of more than 90 employees. You can get in touch with the command staff of the Sevier County Sheriff’s Office using the contact details below.
Sevier County Sheriff’s Office:
Address: 106 W. Bruce Street Sevierville, Tennessee 37862
Inmate Search in Sevier County Jail
The Sevier County Sheriff’s Office does not have an online database of inmates currently incarcerated in the two jails. To locate an inmate here, you can call the jail at 865-453-4668. You can also do a felony offender search here.
Important Jail Policies and Procedures:
Inmates at the Sevier County Jail are allowed to have their family and friends visit. Visitation hours for the main jail are 8-4 Mon-Friday & 8-4 Mon-Sat at the Annex.
To send mail to an inmate at this facility, please take note of the following instructions:
- No Photographs of any kind.
- No colored pages, colored writing, inks, or crayon. No white out. White paper ONLY and blue or black ink only.
- No puzzle games.
- No stickers or glitter.
- No narcotics or other unidentifiable substances. These items will be turned over to the drug task force.
- No staples or removable.
- No books, booklets or magazines.
- No blank paper, blank cards, or blank envelopes.
- No stamps, glue, or tape.
- No Bible studies sent from home.
- No newspapers or newspaper clippings sent from home.
- No hard or soft plastics.
- No pornography.
- No tattoo flash or drawings of any type.
- No perfume or scented letter, lipstick, chap stick or lip balm.
- No Lamination(s)
- No inmate to inmate mail.
- No mail from other correctional facilities or rehabilitation facilities.
- No more than 8 pages per envelope.
- No greeting cards or post card of any type.
- No song lyrics or poems.
- No money, checks or money orders.
- No nicknames. Put the inmates full and correct name on the envelope. First and last name is acceptable.
- MUST HAVE COMPLETE RETURN ADDRESS WITH FIRST AND LAST NAME OF SENDER.
- The Sevier County Sheriff’s Office reserves the right to reject any mail that it deems unacceptable or considered nuisance contraband.
Family and friends can deposit money into an inmate’s account in three ways:
- Use the lobby deposit kiosks which accept cash and debit/credit cards.
- Mail money orders and cashier checks to SC Inmate Fund PO Box 4068 Sevierville, TN. 37864. The money order should be made out to the inmate fund while the inmate’s name should be written on the memo line.
- Visit www.VendEngine.com or call 1-855-836-3364. The facility number is 22. Fees may apply.
Sex Offender Search and Lookup:
Sex offenders are mandated by federal law to let local law enforcement know of any changes in their information so that their records in the state and national sex offender registry can be updated. These databases are made available to the public to help increase safety and awareness. Sex offenders are people who have been convicted of a sex crime such as rape, sexual assault, and child molestation. Anyone can visit https://www.tn.gov/tbi/section/tennessee-sex-offender-registry to check for sex offenders residing in Sevier County. It is important to take into account the fact that some offenders may not always update their information when viewing the entries in the registry. Your search results may reveal previous residential addresses or even contain incomplete addresses.
Bail and Bondsman
A person arrested in Sevier County can be granted temporary freedom from custody while awaiting trial if he or she is able to post bail. Bail is when the court requires money or property to be placed in their care for the duration of the time before and during the trial. This is to guarantee that the defendant shows up at his trial. If he/she misses a court appearance, the bail is forfeited.
A defendant who is unable to post bail due to a lack of money is allowed to use a bondsman to post bail on his behalf. The bondsman will be held liable by the court for payment of the entire bail amount. In return for this service, the defendant must pay the bondsman 10% of the bail. This cannot be refunded no matter what the outcome of the trial is.
|Sevier County Probation Department|
Probation officer’s are appointed to investigate, report on, and supervise the conduct of convicted offenders on probation. Items to bring to the Probation Office include: employment verification (a pay stub), residence (a lease, copy of a utility bill, etc.), community service record log, counseling or meeting attendance, all personal drug prescriptions, medical condition documents, and immigration registration among other things.
|Office:||Sevier County Probation Department|
|Location:||221 Prince Street, Sevierville, Tennessee, 37862|
|Sevier County Jail Statistics|
|Number of Persons Confined||302|
|Avg Daily Population||284|
|Name of new facility||nplanning minimum security,facility with app. 185 beds.|
|Full time payroll||43|
|Full time total employees||43|
|Total salaries and wages||2213028|
|Other operating expenditures||not applicable|
|Total construction costs||not applicable|
|Equipment, furnishings, etc||not applicable|
|Year of original construction||1991|
|Year of major renovation||2002|
|Name of new facility||not applicable|
Address: 137 COMMERCE STREET SEVIERVILLE TN 37862
|Sevier County Unemployment and Median Household Income|
|Civilian Labor Force Annual Average, 2016||51,111|
|Number Employed Annual Average, 2016||48,537|
|Number Unemployed Annual Average, 2016||2,574|
|Unemployment Rate, 2016||5.0|
|Median Household Income Annual Average, 2015||41,987|
Sources: Unemployment – Bureau of Labor Statistics LAUS data, Median Household Income – Census Bureau SAIPE data, Rural Classifications – USDA Economic Research Service
|Sevier County Poverty Data|
|Estimate of People of All Ages In Poverty 2014||13,806|
|Estimate Percentage of People of All Ages In Poverty 2015||14.6|
Source: U.S. Census Bureau, Model-based Small Area Income & Poverty Estimates (SAIPE)
Please Share Your Experiences Visiting Or Staying In This Facility