Search Inmates in Platte County, Nebraska. Results May Include: Arrests, Inmate List, Records, Mugshot, Data Number, Admission Date, Projected Release Date, Name, Sex, Race, Age, Facility, Height, Weight, Charges, Bond Amount, Fines and Costs, Hold.
Platte County, Nebraska Sheriff Overview
Platte County is located in the eastern part of Nebraska. Its county seat is in Columbos. Platte County comprises the Columbus, NE Micropolitan Statistical Area. In the Nebraska license plate system, Platte County is represented by the prefix 10 (it had the 10th-largest number of vehicles registered in the county when the license plate system was established in 1922). Platte County is named after the Platte River. Zip codes in Platte County include 68631, 68634, 68640, 68643, 68647, 68653, 68601, and 68660.
The Platte County Sheriff’s Office is headed by Ed Wemhoff. He can be reached through his email address (email@example.com).
Platte County Sheriff’s Office:
Address: 2610 14th Street
Columbus, NE 68601
Inmate Search in Platte County Jail
The Platte County Jail does not maintain an online list of incarcerated inmates. The State of Nebraska, however, offers statewide inmate search, with the Nebraska Department of Correctional Services, with filters like First and Last Names, as well as their DCS ID Number. Each inmate file contains their DCS ID Number, Demographics (Inmate Name, Gender, Race, Date of Birth, Facility), Sentence Information (Total Sentence, Sentence Begin Date, Good Time Law, Projected Release Date, Parole Eligibility Date, Parole Discharge Date, Parole Hearing Date, Parole Discharge Type, Next Parole Board Review Date, Release Date, Reason for Release), Offense Information (Description, Run Code, Minimum and Maximum Offense Term, County of Commitment). To inquire, it’s best to personally visit the Jail at 1125 E 17th Street, Columbus, NE or call them at 402-563-4274.
The Platte County Detention Facility located at 1125 E. 17th Street was completed in June of 2003 at a cost of $7,176,034.00. The facility has an inmate capacity of 144 adult inmates. The Platte County Detention Facility replaces the old Platte County Jail which is located in the Courthouse. The previous jail had a inmate capacity of 27 adult inmates. The old jail is still used on a daily basis for persons sentenced from court until they can be picked up and those transported to the Courthouse from the Detention Facility for court appearances The head of the Jail Facility is Lt. Ted Pocwierz.
Important Jail Policies and Procedures
1. Visitors must register at public lobby counter 15 minutes prior to being allowed to visit an inmate.
2. Visitors must remain in lobby area once they have signed in and must be on inmate’s visitation list in order to visit.
3. Only one (1) adult visitor per inmate at any one time. No more than one (1) child per visitor will be allowed in the visitation room. If minor children are left in the lobby area they are to be supervised by a responsible adult.
4. If a custodial parent is incarcerated, the inmate’s minor children will be allowed to visit if accompanied by an adult.
5. All visitors must be properly dressed. Shoes must be worn at all times, no provocative clothing allowed.
6. No personal property such as purses, packages, or bags will be allowed in the visitation room. Personal property should be left in the visitor’s vehicle or in the lockers provided.
7. All visitors will be required to pass through a metal detector before entering visitation room.
8. Any visitor attempting to introduce contraband items into the detention facility will be subject to criminal prosecution and will be banned from future visitation.
9. Use of profanity or failure to comply with correctional staff instructions will be cause for termination of the visitation session.
10. No food, drinks or tobacco products will be allowed in the visitation room or waiting area.
11. No visitor will be allowed to use cameras or recording devices in the visitation room.
12. Visitors will be denied visitation if there is reasonable grounds to believe they are a threat to the facility’s security or order.
13. Visitors will not be allowed if they are under the influence of alcohol or drugs.
14. Failure to comply with visitation rules and regulations will result in termination of the visit, and may result in not allowing future visits.
15. A visitation period may be terminated at the discretion of a correctional officer.
16. Visitation is a first come/first serve basis. Only 10 visitors are allowed in the visitation area per session. If visitation area is full you will be required to wait until the next session.
Visitation hours are assigned inmates according to which living pod they are being housed in. Each inmate is allowed 2 hours of visitation per week. It is the inmate’s responsibility to notify those on their visitation list as to the days and times they have been assigned visitation. Inmate visitation is held Monday through Friday only. Any special request for visitation must be made with the Corrections Director.
Working at Platte County Sheriff’s Office/Jail
A Deputy Sheriff can earn $33,860.80 ($16.76 per hour) and a Corrections Officer can earn $27,934.40 ($13.43 per hour).
Some of the required qualifications include:
If you are interested in this job, you may visit this link for the application form.
Sex Offender Search and Lookup
All registered sex offenders are registered on either a national or state sex offender database. The people on these databases have been convicted of a sex or kidnapping crime. The definition of a sex offender is a person convicted of a crime involving sex, including rape, molestation, and production or distribution of child pornography.
You can access this information online for Platte County by going to this link, but bear in mind that searches sometimes reveal primary last known addresses or, rather the block that they live on. You are also required to accept a disclosure to use the database.
Bail and Bail Bondsman
There is no commercial bail in Nebraska
Upon your arrest in Nebraska, bail is set by a judge. You must post bail yourself without use of a bail bondsman if you want a temporary release. Nebraska does not allow commercial bail bonds. Bondsman from other states are unable to assist you in Nebraska. Nebraska has their own state run bail bond program. This means that if you want to post bail instead of staying in jail until your trial you must do so yourself or tell a family member or friend to come directly to the jail. In the State of Nebraska you will pay cash for the full amount of the bail at the jail in person. You will then be released from the County Jail. Another option may be contacting a criminal defense attorney, which you should probably do anyway depending on your situation. Always seek counsel if unsure of what to do upon your arrest. If you cannot afford counsel, it will be appointed for you.
|Contact the Platte County Public Defender|
Public defender’s provide: counsel upon arrest, representation during criminal investigative proceedings, interviewing witnesses, arrange bail, conduct pretrial discovery, withdraw pleas, suppression of evidence motions, jury selection, opening statements, legal research, and more
|Name:||Platte County Public Defender|
|Address:||1455 27th Avenue, Columbus, Nebraska, 68601|
|Platte County Probation Department|
Probation officers hold offenders accountable by ensuring that financial restitution is being paid to victims and community service is completed. The probation department provides warrant searches, sex offender lookups, DWI conviction information, adult or youth misdemeanor and felony offense records.
|Office:||Platte County Probation Department|
|Location:||2610 14th Street, Columbus, Nebraska, 68601|
|Platte County Jail Statistics|
|Number of Persons Confined||126|
|Avg Daily Population||104|
|Name of new facility||not applicable|
|Full time payroll||40|
|Full time total employees||41|
|Total salaries and wages||not applicable|
|Other operating expenditures||not applicable|
|Total construction costs||not applicable|
|Equipment, furnishings, etc||not applicable|
|Year of original construction||2003|
|Year of major renovation||not applicable|
|Name of new facility||not applicable|
Address: 2610 14TH ST. COLUMBUS NE 68601
|Platte County Unemployment and Median Household Income|
|Civilian Labor Force Annual Average, 2016||16,953|
|Number Employed Annual Average, 2016||16,332|
|Number Unemployed Annual Average, 2016||621|
|Unemployment Rate, 2016||3.7|
|Median Household Income Annual Average, 2015||58,554|
Sources: Unemployment – Bureau of Labor Statistics LAUS data, Median Household Income – Census Bureau SAIPE data, Rural Classifications – USDA Economic Research Service
|Platte County Poverty Data|
|Estimate of People of All Ages In Poverty 2014||2,670|
|Estimate Percentage of People of All Ages In Poverty 2015||8.3|
Source: U.S. Census Bureau, Model-based Small Area Income & Poverty Estimates (SAIPE)
Please Share Your Experiences Visiting Or Staying In This Facility